The human body produces testosterone naturally
Men are more dominant in having testosterone (androgen hormone). While women have small levels but they produce more estrogen.
There are so many benefits of Testosterone, including:
- Helps the development of male sexual organs and sperm production
- Maintain healthy fertility
- Heavier voices
- Regulating male sexual arousal
- Helps hair growth (on the body and face)
- Make your fat burner more effective
- Increase muscle mass
- Increase red blood cells
- Maintaining strong bones
- Keep your heart more healthy
Testosterone hormone treatment is highly recommended if the body is not enough to produce a natural hormone.
Low testosterone in men can result in health problems. For example erectile dysfunction, fertility disorders, and inhibits the development of genetic male organs.
Most used for adult men or boys. Testosterone is in the Androgen group and categorized as a prescription drug.
Testosterone treatment is available in several types, including pills, injections, and transdermal patches. Some brands may include Sustanon 250, Nebido, and Andriol Testocaps.
Do not consume/use it if you have
- A history of allergies to testosterone (if using this drug)
- Suffering from heart, liver, and kidney disease. As well as having diabetes, hypertension, cancer, epilepsy, migraine, and sleep apnea
- Under certain medications. Tell your doctor honestly. Because this will affect the test results, for example, a doping test.
- Taking supplements, blood thinners drugs, and herbal medicines
- The reaction in each individual may differ, visit a doctor immediately if allergies or overdoses occur
Health conditions affect the use of doses. At first, the doctor will check the body’s response and how low testosterone levels?
In adult men who suffer from hypogonadism, most doctors will give a dose like this…
- Initial dose: the daily taking of testosterone undecylenate esters between 120-160 mg
- Continued dose: 40-120 mg of testosterone undecylenate esters per day
Injection type (intramuscular)
- testosterone cypionate for 2-4 weeks at a dose of 50-400 mg
- 50-400 mg of dose for 2-4 weeks with testosterone enanthate
Subcutaneous type (implant under the skin)
100-600 mg for subcutaneous implant doses
Transdermal patch type
Depending on the patch types, but most doses is 2.5-7.5 mg every day
For children, dosage based on its condition
Proper use of testosterone
The easiest way is to read the product label. It’s clearly written about the recommended dosing. Also, don’t forget to follow advice from your doctor.
Most pills are consumed before or after meals. However, some of it can be combined with food at the same time (read the packaging).
Injections should only be administered by doctors or medical personnel with of course under a doctor’s supervision
The transdermal patch is easy to stick in your abdomen, back, upper arms, and thighs. Avoid putting transdermal patches into several areas, including genitals, irritation skin, or hairy skin. For fully absorbed, leave it for about 3 hours, then remove it.
Please note, regular health checkups are necessary to monitor your progress
Testosterone Drug Interactions
When combined with other drugs, it may cause several possibilities.
- Corticosteroid drug types can increase water retention in the body
- Anti-diabetic and anticoagulant medications can increase the risk of cyclosporine
The side effects
The use of testosterone can cause some side effects, including
- Rapid mood swings
- Dizziness and headache
- Abdominal Pain
- Pain in the abdominal area
- Changing blood test results
- Difficulty urinating
- High blood pressure
- Swollen feet and hands (Edema)
- Excessive hair growth (Hirsutism)
- Increase in body weight
- Male breast enlargement (gynecomastia)
In some cases, it can cause an overdose. Some of the symptoms are…
- Sudden vision loss (blind for a moment)
- Blurred vision
- Serious headaches
- Uncontrol muscle contraction (convulsions)
Go visit a doctor immediately if the above symptoms or drug allergy occurs. For example, itchy skin, swollen lips and eyes, and hard to breathe.